jueves, 12 de septiembre de 2019

Post 4

My favorite author is Howard Philips Lovecraft, a cosmic horror and science fiction writer from the XX century. He wrote a lot of short stories, but most importantly he created a complete mythology called "Cthulhu Mythos", where humanity has to witness the events related to acient alien gods. Personally I'm a newbie in this mythology, but I already love it. He inspired a lot of writers, like Stephen King, another amazing writer who used his style of combinig stories. Many series, movies, videogames, songs and books have a cameo of the creatures he wrote or are inspired by the style of his stories. His most popular character is "Cthulhu", an alien god that sleep in a sinked, non-eucledian city in the Pacific Ocean. Personally I don't have a favorite book, but if I could re-read one of the books of Lovecraft, I would totally do it. Actually I'm reading "The Horror of Dunwich", a central story for the Cthulhu Mythos. The plot is around the birth of Wilbur Watheley, a boy that is a complete mistery, where his presence would bring strange events to the town of Dunwich. I haven't finished it yet, but I totally recommend it.
Cthulhu -> 

2 comentarios:

  1. About lovecraft, ultimately I played a visual novel that was inspired by his style of writting and horror. The game was Saya no uta.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I dont like a lot science fiction books, but I´ve read that Lovecraft is an excellent author. Maybe I choose some book of him to start in these king of books.

    ResponderEliminar